[webkit-dev] Raw Win32 WebKit Demo code does not work

Fuenty, Chris chris.fuenty at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 22:51:22 PST 2008

Roger wrote:

>     Hi,
>     I read one thread talking about .net application and Webkit in
>     http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2007-November/002864.html
>     and get some demo codes in
>     _http://swift-wb.googlecode.com/svn/branches/webkit.net/_
>     The codes have build errors, i fix them, build and run. It shows
>     the error "Retrieve the COM class factory for component with CLSID
>     {ED2B13E0-66AB-4CC2-9B9F-5B8F85D9AD1D} faile due to the following
>     error: 80040154"
>
>     I google the error and 80040154 means there is not such CLSID in
>     the registry. Do you have any idea why it has this error? I
>     actually install Safari windows version already.
>

>     Thanks
>     Roger

Hi Roger.

The WebKit.net code is old and unmaintained.  It was designed for the
previous layout of WebKit for the Win32 platform and has not been
updated for the new version (which came about with Safari 3, 533 if I'm
guessing right).

The interfaces and the entire library has changed and evolved it renders
this .NET wrapper codebase useless.

Hopefully the codebase will give you a better idea on how to fix a
better wrapper around the current WebKit.  If you would be interested in
sharing your changes back with me (the orignal developer of the aged
code), I have a mercurial repo (the SVN repo is very old) at
http://hg.irken.org/webkit.net and can give you push access.