[webkit-dev] Raw Win32 WebKit Demo code does not work

Fuenty, Chris chris.fuenty at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 22:54:41 PST 2008

Fuenty, Chris wrote:
> Roger wrote:
>>

>>     Hi,
>>     I read one thread talking about .net application and Webkit in
>>
>> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2007-November/002864.html
>>     and get some demo codes in
>> _http://swift-wb.googlecode.com/svn/branches/webkit.net/_
>>     The codes have build errors, i fix them, build and run. It shows
>>     the error "Retrieve the COM class factory for component with CLSID
>>     {ED2B13E0-66AB-4CC2-9B9F-5B8F85D9AD1D} faile due to the following
>>     error: 80040154"
>>          I google the error and 80040154 means there is not such
>> CLSID in
>>     the registry. Do you have any idea why it has this error? I
>>     actually install Safari windows version already.
>>               Thanks
>>     Roger

> Hi Roger.
>
> The WebKit.net code is old and unmaintained.  It was designed for the
> previous layout of WebKit for the Win32 platform and has not been
> updated for the new version (which came about with Safari 3, 533 if
> I'm guessing right).
>
> The interfaces and the entire library has changed and evolved it
> renders this .NET wrapper codebase useless.
>
> Hopefully the codebase will give you a better idea on how to fix a
> better wrapper around the current WebKit.  If you would be interested
> in sharing your changes back with me (the orignal developer of the
> aged code), I have a mercurial repo (the SVN repo is very old) at
> http://hg.irken.org/webkit.net and can give you push access.

I'm sorry, I'm writing this as i'm half asleep over the keyboard right
now (lol).

I believe there is a peice of code in there that is specific to the old
WebKit library, which I can attempt to find and help you replace it with
what is for the new one.  I can hopefully reply to this within a day or
2 with what I believe is the source of the problem.

Sorry for overlooking a few lines of the email.  But keep in mind the
original reply.  I don't like everybody going around thinking this is a
magical fix. :)