[webkit-dev] Pulling together on WebKit Mobile

zucker at wake3.com zucker at wake3.com
Wed Jan 16 13:58:07 PST 2008

I like the idea of just wrapping those files with #if PLATFORM(CG).

It's slightly messy, but it works and it simplifies managing a complex VS
project file.

Cheers,
Dan

Subject: Fwd: [webkit-dev] Pulling together on WebKit Mobile
Date:    Wed, January 16, 2008 1:54 pm

On 16/01/2008, at 1:28 PM, Brent Fulgham wrote:

> I took Dan's advice, and modified my config.h as follows:
>
> #if PLATFORM(WIN)
> #define WTF_USE_JAVASCRIPTCORE_BINDINGS 1
> #define WTF_USE_NPOBJECT 1
> #undef WTF_PLATFORM_CG
> #define WTF_PLATFORM_CAIRO 1
> #undef WTF_USE_CFNETWORK
> #define WTF_USE_WININET 1
> #undef WTF_PLATFORM_CF
> #define WTF_USE_PTHREADS 0
> #endif
>
> <aside>We should probably come up with a new name for a 'native'
> windows build, such as used by Adobe/AIR, Windows mobile, and a
> true native Windows build.</aside>
>
> I also modified Visual Studio's environment to find the Cairo
> headers and link libraries.
>
> I then started "build-webkit" and went and did other things for
> about an hour.  The build produces quite a few errors, many of
> which are just CG-isms that I conditionalized away.  In a few
> cases, I resurrected the old Cairo backend code, in others I just
> marked them as 'notImplemented()'.
>
> At this point, the remaining errors are due to the Visual Studio
> project compiling the CG modules.  I'm not sure how best to
> approach this:
>
> 1.  Create a brand new project for non-CG Windows
> 2.  Create new build targets in the existing solution for the non-
> CG target.
> 3.  ?

Possibly worth putting #if PLATFORM(CG) around SG paltform files, but
i also can't think of a nice way to work around this -- does anyone
know if you can make VS recognise some files as being for one target
only?

--Oliver