[webkit-dev] Request for comments

Jonni.Rainisto at nokia.com Jonni.Rainisto at nokia.com
Thu Aug 14 03:19:37 PDT 2008

Hello,

Yes, my organization is more familiar with QT-WebKit side, but I do have
some contacts on S60 WebKit people and have digged out some info
regarding S60WebKit. And I can comment on Jack's complaint that Nokia IS
aware of current problems of the S60WebKit port, and there is actions
started to rectify the situation on S60WebKit port.

1. I know that updated version of the S60WebKit port will be released
after the phone which uses newer version of the WebKit is released, this
will happen in this year.
2&3. Will be corrected at the same time, and S60WebKit team will have
couple fulltime people maintaining released code line for the community.
4&5. As I'm not member of S60WebKit team, I cannot officially
communicate that much on behalf of their team because I don't have that
clear picture of S60 side activities, but hopefully this email atleast
clears some of the rumours and misinformation that might be going
around. But I can say that we are aware of the situation, and hopefully
you will see better support in the future.

Regards, Jonni