[webkit-dev] Where does WebKit end and Safari begin on Windows?

Daniel Zucker zucker at wake3.com
Fri Apr 25 08:00:24 PDT 2008

Hi Patrick,

Glad to hear the positive feedback on Safari/WebKit performance on Windows.

IMHO, this performance is due much more to the WebKit portion--much less to
the Safari layer.

Please note that if you would like to use WebKit on Windows, the mainstream
version requires non-redistributable Apple libraries.  This means you cannot
use it in a commercial application.

However, there is an effort underway to replace the Apple libraries with
opensource alternatives.  See
http://trac.webkit.org/projects/webkit/wiki/BuildingCairoOnWindows.  This
should give you a solution that you can use with your commercial
application.

Best,
Dan