[webkit-dev] Where does WebKit end and Safari begin on Windows?

Paul Monson paulmonson_7 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 25 09:59:01 PDT 2008

Should following the directions for building WebKit using Cairo and CURL work?  I tried to build webkit yesterday with updated source code based on the wiki page directions and I have 39 errors.My company is evaluating using WebKit on Windows CE and as a first step I am trying to build webkit on Windows XP without any non-redistributable Apple libraries.
Best regards,
Paul

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:00:24 -0700From: zucker at wake3.comTo: pgostovic at indigo.caSubject: Re: [webkit-dev] Where does WebKit end and Safari begin on Windows?CC: webkit-dev at lists.webkit.orgHi Patrick,Glad to hear the positive feedback on Safari/WebKit performance on Windows.  IMHO, this performance is due much more to the WebKit portion--much less to the Safari layer.Please note that if you would like to use WebKit on Windows, the mainstream version requires non-redistributable Apple libraries.  This means you cannot use it in a commercial application.However, there is an effort underway to replace the Apple libraries with opensource alternatives.  See http://trac.webkit.org/projects/webkit/wiki/BuildingCairoOnWindows.  This should give you a solution that you can use with your commercial application.Best,Dan