[webkit-dev] Getting started on building WebKit under Qt for Linux

Charles Woloszynski charles.woloszynski at innocon.com
Tue Oct 23 19:04:27 PDT 2007

I did some more looking, and I found http://trac.webkit.org/projects/
webkit/wiki/BuildingQtOnLinux to help get me started.

So, I downloaded gperf and installed it (configure; make; sudo make
install)

Then I installed the unix extras (cd WebKitTools/Scripts; sudo ./
install-unix-extras)

Then I configured WebKit (WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts/set-webkit-
configuration --debug)

Then I exported my path to point to qmake (export PATH=~/qtopia-build/
qtopia..../bin:$PATH)

Then I tried to run WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts/build-webkit -qt
and I get an error about QMAKESPEC not being set.  I am new to qmake,
so I suspect I don't really appreciate how it works.  Any advice/
pointers on this error would be greatly appreciated.

>  ./build-webkit -qt
> Calling 'qmake CONFIG+=qt-port -r OUTPUT_DIR=/home/charlie/webkit-
> build/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Debug /home/charlie/webkit-build/WebKit/
> WebKit.pro CONFIG-=release CONFIG+=debug' in /home/charlie/webkit-
> build/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Debug ...
>
> QMAKESPEC has not been set, so configuration cannot be deduced.
> Error processing project file: /home/charlie/webkit-build/WebKit/
> WebKit.pro
> Failed to setup build environment using qmake!

Thanks in advance,

Charlie