[webkit-dev] Building WebKit over Qt on a Linux platform

Charles Woloszynski charles.woloszynski at innocon.com
Tue Oct 23 18:08:11 PDT 2007

I am trying to build WebKit over Qt on a Linux platform.    I have
looked at the source tree, but I did not find any Makefiles that look
maintained for Unix development.  I am willing to create these, but I
need some sense of the organization of the project.  I cannot use
Objective-C (I'd like to, but I'm not allowed :-(); My goal is to
create a Qt application that can run the equivalent of Apple's
dashboard widgets.  So, I need the rendering engine, the javascript
engine, the CSS support, but not things like browser history, window
support, etc.

Can someone suggest which directories I'd need to get compiled to get
started on this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Charlie