[webkit-dev] Problem building/running Webkit with QT4 on Ubuntu
lionel.jive at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 07:33:32 PDT 2007
I've some problem building and running Webkit with QT on Ubuntu 7.
Here is what i did :
1. i fetched webkit from here
2. i installed libqt4-dev-kdecopy with: apt-get install libqt4-dev-kdecopy,
as qt4.3 was needed (libqt4-dev is qt4.2.3)
3. then i build with: QTDIR=/usr/share/qt4/
the build failed 2 or 3 times, like some class api were missing or class
reference missing. Anyway it was easy to fix, so i restart the build and it
4. then i run the browser with: QTDIR=/usr/share/qt4/
the browser starts, but display the blank window, then whatever address i
try to browse the window remain blank, while the console display such
FIXME: UNIMPLEMENTED: ../../../WebCore/platform/qt/WidgetQt.cpp:120
(virtual void WebCore::Widget::show())
i had a look at WebCore/platform/qt/WidgetQt.cpp, and it seems the data
member m_widget is not initialized and so it display the UNIMPLEMENTED error
I have to say that i'm a newbie at Linux and Webkit, so my questions below
might be silly [image: smile]
1. i find it strange that i had to fix some compile problem as it seem to me
that WebKit was already ported to QT4. Am i using the right svn trunk ?
2. am i missing some library ? i've installed libqt4-dev-kdecopy only, do i
need libqt4-core-kdecopy ? is there any other dependency ?
3. i also find strange that the folder WebKit\WebKitQt\QtLauncher is always
empty, shouldn't it have some QtLauncher.pro and other files ?
4. can somebody also recommend me a good development tools/ide on Linux for
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the webkit-dev