[webkit-dev] Re: Moving away from qmake

Mike Emmel mike.emmel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 00:30:45 PST 2007

Yes I rewrote the Curl code to use the new callback api's so you can
use select in the main thread.

Also the Pleyo people have done some work I've not fully integrated so
their work is worth looking at.

I ran into some issues and dropped back for the time being to a full
load on each call. Its a nice debugging feature anyway.

Also the latest curl uses asynchronous DNS resolution a huge win.

The biggest problem with Curl right now is that completion messages
still have to be polled for I was going to talk with the curl guys and
patch so you can register a callback.

Attached is my current curl the new stuff is turned off and I'm just loading.

Also this has some nice code in it esp for gtk that binds curl to the
gtk event loop.

http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php/gCurl

If you read the code and think about the problem that the completion
messages get put on a queue inside curl
and you have to poll for them then you will see why I really want to
fix this in curl.

Also I seemed to be crashing inside curl sometimes with this turned on.