[webkit-dev] Keeping track of supported specs on wiki

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Fri Nov 9 12:56:52 PST 2007

On Nov 9, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Philippe Kalaf wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I created a new wiki page at :
>
> https://svn.macosforge.org/projects/webkit/wiki/SpecSupport.
>
> The point is to track the specs that are currently supported or not.
> For
> the specs that are being worked on (partially supported), we should
> have
> a detailed progress page similar to the SVG status page at :
>
> http://webkit.org/projects/svg/status.xml.
>
> My knowledge of the supported specs is limited so I only modestly
> filled
> in the table. I would appreciate it if everyone pitched in to complete
> this table. If you are working on a spec please create a detailed
> status
> page as well.
>
> Once we have a more complete tables, I can write a script that would
> convert them into a nicer colored HTML tables that we can have on the
> main website.

Thanks for creating this page - I think it's a useful resource. I
think instead of a yes/no support page, we should list specifications
we are targeting, and rough status of implementation. No
implementation of a web spec is truly bug-free so I am not sure it is
ever correct to say "Full", but it could be in a "Stable" state where
you think you have complete feature coverage and few known bugs.

Also, I'm not sure we need to mention standards that we are *not*
targeting. I will update the list with this in mind.

Regards,
Maciej