[webkit-dev] Lost: Building webkit: Build finished, but starting Safari only gives an error window

Oliver Hunt ojh16 at student.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jul 18 01:49:45 PDT 2007

If your build was successful (which i'm guessing it wasn't :(), you
should see something akin to the following when the build completes:
  WebKit is now built. To run Safari with this newly-built
  code, use the "WebKit/OpenSource/WebKitTools/Scripts/run-safari"
script.

  NOTE: WebKit has been built with SVG support enabled.
  Safari will have SVG viewing capabilities.

If you haven't seen this your build hasn't completed successfully, so
there are a couple of things you should do.

1) Go through all of the many steps to set up a windows build
environment on webkit.org, and go through each setting and ensure
it's correct.  There's at least one setting (paths for the platform
SDK) that VS seems to forget about on its own, without human
interference.

2) update-webkit -- it's possible you were unlucky enough to pull at
a point when the windows build had been broken by someone on another
port (which does happen from time to time :( )

3) If you're still having problems, join #webkit on freenode, you'll
find plenty of people who will happily help you out :D

--Oliver