[webkit-dev] page load test

Nikhil Swamy nswamy at cs.umd.edu
Mon Feb 5 11:43:30 PST 2007

The page load test feature is really handy -- thanks!

Right now, I use it by selecting the "URL mode" and entering a single
URL which gets loaded repeatedly. I'm able to then obtain load time
statistics for that one URL.

However, I'd like to use it to benchmark a set of pages and output
load time statistics for each page individually. Is this possible to
do? Perhaps the "Suite mode" can help with this? If so, could someone
let me know how to use this mode?

Also, I've been looking around the WebKit source trying to figure out
the relevant bits of code that handle the page load tests. It appears
as though the callbacks that measure the timing stats etc. are being
installed from outside WebKit. Is it straightforward to augment the
page load test functionality from within WebKit? It would be a huge
help if someone could point me towards the relevant classes in the
source tree.

Many thanks in advance,
Nik