[webkit-dev] Origin of S60WebKit?

Zalan.Bujtas at nokia.com Zalan.Bujtas at nokia.com
Sat Sep 9 18:54:26 PDT 2006

Hi,

>1. There seems to be a big difference between the latest source code of
WebKit and S60WebKit. What version (or point of
>time) did S60WebKit based on? I want to get the original source code of
WebKit which S60 project had been based on.
S60 port of the webkit is based on the Tiger branch. (Mac OS X 10.4
Tiger -
http://trac.webkit.org/projects/webkit/browser/releases/Apple/Tiger) and
we updated the baseline with Mac OS X 10.4.5 early this year.

>2. From the source code, I discovered that NOKIA team disabled pthread
support in KJS. Though I know nothing about
>Symbian, I am sure that they could port to Symbian's threading model if
they want. Does anyone know the reason? If I re-
There is no particular reason why pthread was disabled. One thing is
that Symbian does not encourage you to use multithreading, but it was
not the reason why it was not implemented. ( it must be that we never
had time to add the pthread library)

Zalan.
________________________________

I am trying to port S60WebKit to resource constraint embedded Linux
system based on S3C2410.
At very early stage, I have following two radical questions. Can anyone
give me hints?

1. There seems to be a big difference between the latest source code of
WebKit and S60WebKit. What version (or point of time) did S60WebKit
based on? I want to get the original source code of WebKit which S60
project had been based on.

2. From the source code, I discovered that NOKIA team disabled pthread
support in KJS. Though I know nothing about Symbian, I am sure that they
could port to Symbian's threading model if they want. Does anyone know
the reason? If I re-enable pthread code, may I expect threading support
without any problem?

Thanks,
Kenneth