[webkit-dev] relative JS speed between Safari/Firefox

John Sullivan sullivan at apple.com
Fri May 26 15:06:37 PDT 2006

I think Maciej's earlier message about this topic did an excellent job
of explaining the different issues here. I just wanted to add that as
far as I can tell, the howtocreate link below seems to show that
Safari 2.0 is faster than Firefox in every listed category other than
"Multiple images", in which Firefox 1.5 is a little faster than Safari
2.0. For "Script speed" it gives:

Firefox 1.0 (krmathis)	53
Firefox 1.0			72
Firefox 1.5			40
Safari 2.0			27

where lower numbers are faster.

So I'm not sure why you claim that this page shows Firefox as
significantly faster on scripts than Safari.

John