[webkit-dev] programmatic text selection

Mike Emmel mike.emmel at gmail.com
Fri May 26 14:08:10 PDT 2006

Finally found some benchmarks form what I can tell Firefox is
significantly faster on scripts
then Safari

http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html#testresults

It does look like the khtml engine itself is quite fast so the
combination of SpiderMonkey with
WebCore should make a very fast browser.

Again please prove that KJS is faster then SpiderMonkey everything I
finds shows not only is this not true but it is significantly slower.
I see no reason that the proposal to integrate SpiderMonkey slim it
down and do a little performance tunning is not valid and resonable
approach. I see no reason to start from scratch on a new interpeter.

Finally I think this benchmark should be run agianst webkit/IE/Firefox
and the results should be on the website it would be helpful. It took
me a while to find a page with a reasonable set of results.

Mike