[webkit-dev] How to build webkit as "fat binary"

Dan Wood list3679321 at karelia.com
Mon Nov 28 14:27:04 PST 2005

Yes, I'm linking to Universal SDK now after some messing around.

This is a modified line 87 of build-webkit script. Note ARCHS and
SDKROOT.

         $result = system "xcodebuild", "-project", "$dir.xcodeproj",
@options, "INSTALL_PATH=\@executable_path/../Frameworks",
"DEPLOYMENT_POSTPROCESSING=YES", "ARCHS=i386 ppc", "SDKROOT=/
Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk";

I'm getting close, but this build line fails:

/usr/bin/g++-4.0 -o /Volumes/BigData/build/WebCore.build/Deployment/
WebCore.build/Objects-normal/i386/WebCore -L/Volumes/BigData/build/
Deployment -L/Volumes/BigData/build/WebCore.build/Deployment/
WebCore.build/DerivedSources -F/Volumes/BigData/build/Deployment -F/
Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/
WebKit.framework/Frameworks -filelist /Volumes/BigData/build/
WebCore.build/Deployment/WebCore.build/Objects-normal/i386/
WebCore.LinkFileList -framework ApplicationServices -framework Carbon
-framework Cocoa -framework JavaScriptCore -licucore -lxslt -arch
i386 -Wl,-single_module -compatibility_version 1 -current_version 1 -
install_name @executable_path/../Frameworks/WebCore.framework/
Versions/A/WebCore -Wl,-S -dynamiclib -mmacosx-version-min=10.3 -
lxml2-WebCore -Wl,-exported_symbols_list,WebCore.exp -isysroot /
Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk

ld: can't open: WebCore.exp (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

This reference to WebCore.exp seems to come from this environmental
variable set, as found in the build transcript:

     setenv OTHER_LDFLAGS " -lxml2-WebCore -Wl,-
exported_symbols_list,WebCore.exp"

I do find the file WebCore.exp in the WebCore source directory, so
maybe it's a relative path issue?

Dan