[webkit-dev] Safari not loading pages with domain forwarding (from GoDaddy.com)

Hanspeter Schaub hanspeterschaub at mac.com
Mon Nov 28 14:39:50 PST 2005

Howdy WebKit-Developers,

I've been trying to setup a small business web site which is hosted on my .Mac account.  I purchased the domain

http://blue-sky-prod.com

from GoDaddy.com, and enabled this domain name to be forwarded to the .Mac web address.  In Firefox and Explorer this works without a clitch.  However, when running this in Safari (current Tiger build, or latest webkit-beta), the page comes up blank?

Here is the odd thing.  If I first fire up Firefox and load the page there, then the address (http://blue-sky-prod.com) loads just fine in Safari??  I tried calling GoDaddy.com support.  The person there had heard of this issue a few days ago, but they didn't know what was causing this.  Apparently all other browsers they try work just fine, only the Tiger+ Safari browser won't the auto-forwarded web pages.  He couldn't give me any hint at how it would be for this to be resolved.  He did say several times this could be an issue with Safari, in which case they couldn't do anything...

Has anybody else here run into this?  Is this really a Safari issue?  Is this a GoDaddy.com server or domain forwarding issue?

I'd appreciate any support/feedback/help on this issue.  Many of our customers will be running OS X, so having Safari support is crucial.

thanks,

Hanspeter Schaub