[webkit-dev] Greetings from the Series 60 mobile browser team at Nokia

guido.grassel at nokia.com guido.grassel at nokia.com
Tue Jun 21 09:27:03 PDT 2005

I agree, adding SVG support is of interest.

SVG is of interest to mobile devices. SVG can be of help to improve the device independence of Web content and give a richer experience to users who are browsing these pages.

You might have noticed already that Nokia Series 60 is taking some first steps for SVG support http://svg.org/story/2004/10/21/113212/25.

Nokia Research Center also participates in the SVG and the CDF working groups of the W3C.

                   -----

I have two questions about the SVG project: on webkit.opendarwin.org:

- How do people see the level of SVG support in KSVG2 ?
     In the mobile context SVG-Tiny 1.1 is the relevant SVG profile.

- How feasible do people see switching the DOM inside WebCore?

- How to ensure that adding support for new markups, such as SVG, MathML, etc., will not
bloat WebCore's architecture?

Cheers
- Guido