[webkit-dev] minor tool improvement ideas (sharing my personal list)

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Mon Jun 20 09:02:58 PDT 2005

On Jun 20, 2005, at 4:29 AM, David D. Kilzer wrote:

>>     cvs-clean: a script we have internally, move it to WebKitTools/
>> Scripts
>>         change to respect .cvsignore as Maciej suggested
>>             turns out it's really hard to respect .cvsignore by
>> default,
>>             since there are so many different sources of things to
>> ignore
>>             (defaults, server-side, per-directory .cvsignore, home
>> directory .cvsignore)
>
> It would appear that someone has already written a Perl module
> called VCS::LibCVS::IgnoreChecker (part of the VCS::LibCVS package)
> which does the heavy lifting for you.
>
>   http://search.cpan.org/~dissent/VCS-LibCVS-1.0001/VCS/LibCVS/
> IgnoreChecker.pm
>
> The module is licensed, "under the same terms as Perl itself", so
> either you could redistribute it or add instructions to
> webkit.opendarwin.org about how to install the module from CPAN.

Thanks for the pointer!

Distributing that entire module, or requiring the module installation
from CPAN, would be a bit more heavyweight than what's currently
required for our scripts, but I'll think about it.

Also, I'm not sure I want a version of cvs-clean that talks to the
server; one thing neat about the old one is that it's fast and
entirely local.

     -- Darin