[webkit-dev] minor tool improvement ideas (sharing my personal list)

David D. Kilzer ddkilzer at kilzer.net
Mon Jun 20 04:29:43 PDT 2005

On Jun 20, 2005, at 12:54 AM, Darin Adler wrote:

>     cvs-clean: a script we have internally, move it to WebKitTools/
> Scripts
>         change to respect .cvsignore as Maciej suggested
>             turns out it's really hard to respect .cvsignore by
> default,
>             since there are so many different sources of things to
> ignore
>             (defaults, server-side, per-directory .cvsignore, home
> directory .cvsignore)

It would appear that someone has already written a Perl module called
VCS::LibCVS::IgnoreChecker (part of the VCS::LibCVS package) which
does the heavy lifting for you.

   http://search.cpan.org/~dissent/VCS-LibCVS-1.0001/VCS/LibCVS/
IgnoreChecker.pm

The module is licensed, "under the same terms as Perl itself", so
either you could redistribute it or add instructions to
webkit.opendarwin.org about how to install the module from CPAN.

Dave