[webkit-dev] Xcode editor settings

David Lázaro Saz dlazaro at well.com
Fri Jun 10 12:49:10 PDT 2005

Hi there,

I'm wondering how did you (the original WebKit developers) recommend
to configure Xcode (I'm using 2.1) in order to edit WebKit files.
Right now it's very strange for me because there is something in the
coding style that really doesn't reflect my own. Lines are wider than
wide, for example, as message sends are almost never broken in
multiple lines.

Maybe is that I have to get used to it, or that my PowerBook 15
screen is smaller than the ones in which it was developed, don't
know. So I think it would help us knowing what layout and preferences
are you using or recommending in order to adapt my environment.

I also think that that "never break a message" should be in the
coding guidelines if it is the preferred form.

Cheers,

David.