[webkit-dev] Javascript crash

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Tue Aug 2 09:59:03 PDT 2005

On Aug 2, 2005, at 1:00 AM, Romain Brestac wrote:

> Symbol not found: __ZN3KJS4List11derefValuesEv
>   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/
> Versions/A/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/WebCore
>   Expected in: /Volumes/DEV/BUILDS/Development/
> JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore
>
> When using webkit from CVS, I have exactly the same crash. My
> problem is that I am unable to reproduce it in a simple cocoa-
> webkit project with only this line of code.
>
> Have anyone seen this kind of output after a crash ? Could it be a
> problem with the nib ?

The above error indicates that you're using the WebCore from the
system, but a JavaScriptCore you built yourself. The mix of released
WebCore with WebKit Open Source Project JavaScriptCore is why you're
crashing.

My guess is that your JavaScriptCore build succeeded, but your
WebCore build failed. If you build WebCore and WebKit successfully,
this problem should go away. Go back and try building again and look
to see what's failing.

     -- Darin