[webkit-dev] Javascript crash

Romain Brestac romain.brestac at orange.fr
Tue Aug 2 01:00:23 PDT 2005

Hello,

I have a cocoa application using the webkit framework (10.4.2, xcode
2.1).
When I try to load html programmatically with loadHTMLString:, my app
crashes. It occurs only when the html code contains something related
to javascript. For example:

script></body></html>" baseURL:NULL];

... crashes with this in the console:

Symbol not found: __ZN3KJS4List11derefValuesEv
   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/
Versions/A/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/WebCore
   Expected in: /Volumes/DEV/BUILDS/Development/
JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore

When using webkit from CVS, I have exactly the same crash. My problem
is that I am unable to reproduce it in a simple cocoa-webkit project
with only this line of code.

Have anyone seen this kind of output after a crash ? Could it be a
problem with the nib ?
Thanks. Romain.