[wpe-webkit] Need help getting started with a React web app to use with cog

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Wed Mar 13 05:28:22 PDT 2024

I'm getting closer, but I still don't have a working build.  I am using the React Native Tools extension in VS Code.  I used 'create-react-app' to create a basic react application and was then able to bundle everything into a single directory.  The i.MX8M demo board has a demo web app with simple HTML that starts with a systemd service.  I replaced the /srv/www/ directory on my system with the bundled React app directory.  The systemd service starts cog with this command:

cog --allow-file-access-from-file-urls=true  --allow-universal-access-from-file-urls=false  --enable-offline-web-application-cache=false --enable-page-cache=false --allow-modal-dialogs=true --enable-write-console-messages-to-stdout=true /srv/www/index.html &

I'm getting a white screen when the service runs.  I see these error messages in the log:

Your application does not implement g_application_activate() and has no handlers connected to the 'activate' signal.  It should do one of these.
CONSOLE SECURITY ERROR Not allowed to load local resource: file:///static/js/main.bbda826d.js
file:///srv/www/index.html:1:530: CONSOLE SECURITY ERROR Not allowed to load local resource: file:///static/css/main.f855e6bc.css

I changed the --allow-universal-access-from-file-urls to true and restarted the service.  The two console security error messages disappeared but I'm still seeing a blank white screen instead of the application.  Is there something I need to change in the default web app created with 'create-react-app', or any other cog options to correctly run this web app under cog?