[wpe-webkit] Need help getting started with a React web app to use with cog

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Fri Mar 8 11:12:38 PST 2024

Our group is getting started with trying to build a React web app that cog can run on an NXP i.MX8M board.  We're using the meta-webkit layer for Yocto to get WPE Webkit and cog on the hardware.  We're a little confused on what to use for a framework for buildilng our React web app.

Our group is used to using the Ionic framework with React.  They have also used Electron.  Both create more support package files than necessary and don't immediately work on our hardware.  I'm sure we're overthinking this and there is a simpler way to approach this.  Is anyone else on this list building React apps that cog can run?  If so, what are you using for development?