[wpe-webkit] Several SEGV and ABRT crash dumps

Claudio Saavedra csaavedra at igalia.com
Fri Jan 26 02:25:28 PST 2024

On Fri, 2023-12-29 at 13:28 +0100, Nils Kattenbeck wrote:
> Hello together,
>
> After observing several crashes in the past
> I have recently enabled gathering of core dumps on one of our devices
> and have amassed a few core dumps over the last few days.
> These are from several of the WPE projects (WPEWebProcess,
> WPENetworkProcess, and cog).
> Who should I best report these crashes to - Github, Mailing List, the
> WebKit bugzilla...?
> How can I best help with resolving these issues?

First of all, sorry for the long delay replying. Holidays and mail
backlog got in the way.

The best way to report crashes is to submit a bug report to WebKit
Bugilla. Use the WPE WebKit component, specify version of libwpe, wpe
backend, and WebKit, and add a stacktrace for the crashing process. You
don't need to submit the coredump. Instructions on how to reproduce
would help and if it's caused by a specific test case, that would also
help.

Thanks,
Claudio