[wpe-webkit] WPEWEBKIT

Enrique Ocaña González eocanha at igalia.com
Sun Apr 17 11:54:01 PDT 2022

El sábado, 2 de abril de 2022 11:13:24 (CEST) aymen haggui escribió:

> [...] but when launching stadia in wpewebkit browser the
> wpewebprocess process crashed when playing streaming video, I debugged my
> problem with gdb resulting in memory stack ( problem in gstreamer librabie
>
> : makegstreamerelement ) and crashed wpewebprocess process. so what can you
>
> help me to solve this problem because it is the first experience with the
> multimedia field and I do not have the necessary knowledge on MSE and EME
> to solve this problem.

Having the whole stacktrace posted somewhere to have a look (eg: on a public
pastebin) would be helpful. It would also be helpful to know the specific
GStreamer element being instantiated in that call to makegstreamerelement.
Adding a printf() with the element name might be the most straightforward way
to get it, if rebuilding WPE is an option for you. If not, maybe you can get
it from gdb.

Maybe that specific element isn't available in the distro you're using on your
Raspberry Pi. Once you know the element name, you can use the gst-inspect-1.0
command line tool to check if it's available.

In any case, running WPE with the GST_DEBUG="*:INFO" environment variable (or
"*:DEBUG" for more verbosity) will give a lot of insight about what the
GStreamer libraries are doing under the hood.

> and how can i add additional functionality to
> wpewebkit : function to add a virtual keyboard so that I can add my email
> account another function to backup my email to wpewebkit And thank you in
> advance.

Sorry, I can't help you about that. I mostly know only about multimedia. Input
device management is out of my area of expertise.

Cheers.

--
Enrique Ocaña