[wpe-webkit] Hole punching and WeakRef support in WPE/WebKit v2.22

Michael Pantazoglou michael.pantazoglou at oceanbluesoftware.co.uk
Tue Sep 7 06:11:47 PDT 2021

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. I was able to find the commits you listed in
your reply. I also enabled the two holepunch approaches in OptionsWPE.cmake
(located under Source/cmake), rebuilt and verified that the external
holepunch feature works as expected. However, the GStreamer-based holepunch
feature seems to not work properly, despite the fact that I enabled it as
mentioned above. What I saw in the corresponding manual test is the actual
video playback instead of the transparent rectangle.

Is there any additional configuration required to fully enable the
GStreamer-based holepunch feature?

Also, regarding the first part of my initial post, do you know if WeakRef
is (or can be) enabled for the WPE version I am using (it's actually the
wpe-2.22 branch from https://github.com/WebPlatformForEmbedded/WPEWebKit)?

Thanks,
Michael