[wpe-webkit] Unable to build stable (semi-colon gotcha?)

Andres Gomez tanty at igalia.com
Mon Jan 13 07:28:26 PST 2020

Hi,

quickly answering:

U16_NEXT is a preprocessor macro. In other words, it is replaced by the
actual code in that stage of the compilation.

If you check the definition of this macro at:
https://git.webkit.org/?p=WebKit.git;a=blob;f=Source/WTF/icu/unicode/utf16.h;h=bdd88a8b9c4f00ea0df272ac02f6967ef61089b6;hb=HEAD#l264

You will realize that it is replaced by a block of code (starting and
closed with brackets).

In other words, although it would be good to have the semicolon there,
it is not really needed and it should not lead to a build failure,
AFAIS.

So, are you sure you don't have a different problem building the code?

Br.