[wpe-webkit] Unable to build stable (semi-colon gotcha?)

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 05:26:59 PST 2020

Happy new year everyone!

Quick question: while I see that current code has semi colons at the right
place
<https://git.webkit.org/?p=WebKit.git;a=blob;f=Source/WTF/wtf/URLHelpers.cpp;h=c584f1a0cb7e78343266e5f217af643930b8acf1;hb=HEAD#l304>,
it's not the first file I need to mokey patch from the stable 2.26.2
archive.

As example, the Document.cpp file has 3 lines where U16_NEXT... misses the
semi-colon at the end, resulting in build failures.

My question is:

   - how is it possible that a stable release doesn't build out of the box?
   - do I understand correctly source files from WebKit or WPE fork are not
   linted?

Specially the latter point, would be quite surprising to me ... as I'm
automating ways to build WPEWebKit for various architectures, and dealing
with files that cannot be used and break the build down the process is not
really expected/convenient.

Thanks for any sort of clarification.

Best Regards