[wpe-webkit] WPE WebKit 2.25.91 released!
Adrian Perez de Castro
aperez at igalia.com
Mon Sep 9 14:38:33 PDT 2019
WPE WebKit 2.25.91 is available for download at:
This is a development release leading toward 2.26 series.
What's new in the WPE WebKit 2.25.91 release?
- Do not enable the sandbox in Snap.
- Fix sandbox parsing DISPLAY on X11.
- Add WEBKIT_USE_SINGLE_WEB_PROCESS environment variable to force single process model in all WebKitWebContext.
This is a temporary solution for applications still depending on the single process mode behavior. It will be
only available in 2.26 series.
- Add new API to remove a filter from an user content manager given its identifier.
- Add support for HSTS.
- Several improvements and bug fixes in MSE media player.
- Switch to use libsoup WebSockets API.
- Add support for permessage-deflate WebSocket extension.
- Add user agent quirk to make github work in FreeBSD.
- Fix content disappearing when using CSS transforms.
- Fix building without unified sources.
- Fix web process deadlock when scrolling twitter timeline which contains HLS videos.
- Fix a crash with empty video source.
- Fix some radio streams that could not be played.
- Fix video pause that sometimes caused to skip to finish.
- Fix volume level changes when playing a video.
- Fix several crashes and rendering issues.
What is WPE WebKit?
WPE WebKit is an embeddable port of the WebKit rendering engine.
Offering WebKit's full functionality through a set of GObject-based
APIs, it is suitable for projects requiring any kind of web
integration, from hybrid HTML/CSS applications to full-fledged web
If you want to know more about the project or get in touch with us
- Visit our website at https://wpewebkit.org, or the upstream
site at https://www.webkit.org. People interested in contributing
should read: https://www.webkit.org/coding/contributing.html.
- Browse the bug list at https://bugs.webkit.org, WPE WebKit bugs are
typically prefixed by "[WPE]." A bug report with a minimal,
reproducible test case is often just as valuable as a patch.
- Join the #webkit IRC channel at irc.freenode.net.
- Subscribe to the WPE WebKit mailing list,
https://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-wpe, or the
WebKit development mailing list,
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release, they
are far too many to list!
The WPE WebKit team,
September 10, 2019
More information about the webkit-wpe