[wpe-webkit] EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED on Cog with fdo/swrast/fbdev
ml at krach.email
Wed Jun 26 08:18:37 PDT 2019
I was wrong with my analysis of the initializeEGLDisplay() failure:
> 2) Second it's called from
> in initializeEGLDisplay(), uses the EGL_DEFAULT_DISPLAY and fails in
> dri2_initialize_wayland_swrast() with rt=-1 wl_shm=0:
The reason is the missing support for the 'EGL_WL_bind_wayland_display'
extension (see Instance::initialize() in ws.cpp) when not using drm
(dri2_initialize_wayland_drm() in platform_wayland.c) but swrast
(dri2_initialize_wayland_swrast) instead. This reason is already
* "Segmentation fault on Buildroot -branch next / RPi3B+" -
* "WaylandCompositor misusing eglGetProcAddress" -
Since I rely on the udlfb kernel module, I cannot use drm.
* Do I have any alternative?
* Is there a webkit version which works without the
* Is there a mesa3d version, which supports
'EGL_WL_bind_wayland_display' for swrast? (e.g. the DRI swrast driver)
PS: I found an article about an DRM driver for DisplayLink
- but I don't know if it fulfills our needs... at least it's not working
out of the box ('weston --backend=drm-backend.so --tty=4' fails with 'no
drm device found')
More information about the webkit-wpe