[wpe-webkit] meta-webkit WPEFramework

Adrian Perez de Castro aperez at igalia.com
Wed Feb 20 13:58:25 PST 2019

Hello Mike,

First of all, sorry for not replying before — I was waiting to see if someone
else who is more in touch daily with WPEFramework would reply first. I'll try
to give you some pointers; please check the comment inline below.

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 09:07:30 -0700, mike at baseforsale.com wrote:

> Is it possible to use the WPEFramework with what is in meta-webkit?  I'm
> having issue with the wpeframework-plugins.  It is looking for
> wpe-webkit but I have wpe-webkit-0.1. Also the header path is
> wpe/webkit.h instead of WPE/WebKit.h

As far as *I understand*, WPEFramework is usually built with the WPE WebKit
fork at https://github.com/WebPlatformForEmbedded/WPEWebKit — and there is
a recipe in meta-webkit for it, in the “wpewebkit_downstream.bb”, so you
may want to use that instead.

> wpe-webkit is setup with the following pkgconfig from meta-webkit
>
> wpe-web-extension-0.1.pc  wpe-webkit-0.1.pc
>
> cmake in wpeframework-plugins is looking for
> pkg_check_modules(PC_WPE_WEBKIT wpe-webkit)
>
> pkg-config --libs wpe-webkit-0.1
> -lWPEWebKit-0.1 -lsoup-2.4 -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0
>
> Looking at the config I see.
>
> -- Checking for module 'wpe-webkit'
> --   No package 'wpe-webkit' found
> -- WPEWebKit      : Not found
> --   version      :
> --   cflags       :
> --   cflags other :
> --   include dirs :
> --   lib dirs     :
> --   include dirs :
> --   libs         :
> -- Could NOT find WPE_WEBKIT (missing: WPE_WEBKIT_LIBRARIES
> WPE_WEBKIT_INCLUDE_DIRS)
> CMake Warning at cmake/FindWPEWebKit.cmake:77 (message):
>    Could not find WPEFrameworkPlugins
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>    WebKitBrowser/CMakeLists.txt:23 (find_package)

This probably happens because the downstream WPEWebKit repository is still
based on version 2.20.x, while by default I think that meta-webkit will use
an official 2.22.x tarball release. There is a “wpe-2.22” [1] the downstream
repository but I do not know whether WPEFramework is supposed to work with
it. Maybe someone else can shed some light here?

Like I wrote above, hopefully this points you in the good direction, but
again please keep in mind that I have not been using WPEFramework and the
notes above may be completely wrong O:-)

Don't doubt asking if you still get stuck. Oh, and we are often hanging
out in the #webkit channel in the Freenode IRC, so feel free to stop by.

Best regards,

-Adrián

---
[1] https://github.com/WebPlatformForEmbedded/WPEWebKit/tree/wpe-2.22