[wpe-webkit] [webkit-wpe] A question about remote web inspector

Kim, Junghoon junghoon.kim at hp.com
Thu Mar 1 22:55:51 PST 2018

Hello all,
I’ve tried to get remote web inspector but failed to get it.

·         Problem
o    Statement
·         Remote web inspector is not working
o    Reproduction steps
·         Set g_setenv("WEBKIT_INSPECTOR_SERVER", "127.0.0.1:9222", TRUE); on WPELauncher
·         Try to access http://127.0.0.1:9222 from a Chrome browser
o    Result
·         ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE is shown on the Chrome browser
·         Questions
o    Is anyone by chance working on making the new inspector work for WPE?
·         From the below WPE downstream release branch, the legacy remote inspector is back to support WPE's web inspector.

(But I am not sure this is acceptable for main stream)
§  https://github.com/WebPlatformForEmbedded/WPEWebKit/commit/67d7ba10414a2c091cae31ba66b9f76e962702e7
o    If not, any suggestions for me on how to implement?
·         Additional information
o    Remotes/origin/master
·          2017-11-02 base 472a67c6c2fc549c499744a225fcd5fb68528765

Best regard

Kim, Junghoon