[wpe-webkit] WPEBackend-fdo 1.0.0 released!
Adrian Perez de Castro
aperez at igalia.com
Mon Aug 20 16:53:13 PDT 2018
WPEBackend-fdo 1.0.0 is available for download at:
What's new in the WPE WebKit 1.0.0 release?
- Updated to use libwpe 1.0.0.
- The libWPEBackend-fdo library now uses the libtool versioning convention.
- New API which supports exporting frames as EGL images. This provides
applications with a ready to to render EGLImage, and has the advantage
that the library hides the actual protocol used by the backend's nested
compositor from the application.
- Improved dispatching of Wayland events.
- Support using DMA-BUF Wayland surfaces.
- Support using Wayland versions older than 1.10
What is WPEBackend-fdo
WPEBackend-fdo is a backend implementation for WPE which targets the
FreeDesktop.org (FDO) technologies, and uses Wayland for graphics output.
What is WPE WebKit?
WPE WebKit is an embeddable port of the WebKit rendering engine.
Offering WebKit's full functionality through a set of GObject-based
APIs, it is suitable for projects requiring any kind of web
integration, from hybrid HTML/CSS applications to full-fledged web
If you want to know more about the project or get in touch with us
- Visit our website at https://wpewebkit.org, or the upstream
site at https://www.webkit.org. People interested in contributing
should read: https://www.webkit.org/coding/contributing.html.
- Browse the bug list at
A bug report with a minimal, reproducible test case is often just
as valuable as a patch.
- Join the #webkit IRC channel at irc.freenode.net.
- Subscribe to the WPE WebKit mailing list,
https://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-wpe, or the
WebKit development mailing list,
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release, they
are far too many to list!
The WPE WebKit team,
August 21, 2018
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the webkit-wpe