[wpe-webkit] libwpe 1.0.0 released!
Adrian Perez de Castro
aperez at igalia.com
Mon Aug 20 15:07:40 PDT 2018
libwpe 1.0.0 is available for download at:
What's new in the libwpe 1.0.0 release?
This release changes the API version to 0.2, and introduces the following
changes and features:
- The library is now called libwpe to avoid confusion. The WPEBackend name
used previously seemed to indicate that the library implemented a WPE
backend. The new libwpe name better reflects that it contains code needed
by the WPE WebKit port.
- The libwpe library now uses the libtool versioning convention.
- Handle conversion of keysyms to Unicode inside libwpe. This allowed to
remove he "unicode" member from keyboard event structs, and removing
- New field in event structs to specify keyboard modifiers.
- New API for keymap and composition handling based on libxkbcommon.
What is WPEBackend
libwpe (formerly WPEBackend) is the library that WPE WebKit uses to load
different backend implementation modules, which themselves provide adaptations
for running WPE WebKit on different platforms.
What is WPE WebKit?
WPE WebKit is an embeddable port of the WebKit rendering engine.
Offering WebKit's full functionality through a set of GObject-based
APIs, it is suitable for projects requiring any kind of web
integration, from hybrid HTML/CSS applications to full-fledged web
If you want to know more about the project or get in touch with us
- Visit our website at https://wpewebkit.org, or the upstream
site at https://www.webkit.org. People interested in contributing
should read: https://www.webkit.org/coding/contributing.html.
- Browse the bug list at
A bug report with a minimal, reproducible test case is often just
as valuable as a patch.
- Join the #webkit IRC channel at irc.freenode.net.
- Subscribe to the WPE WebKit mailing list,
https://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-wpe, or the
WebKit development mailing list,
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release, they
are far too many to list!
The WPE WebKit team,
August 21, 2018
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the webkit-wpe