[webkit-qt] QtWebKit reviving progress

Vitaly Slobodin vitaliy.slobodin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 03:53:38 PST 2016

> Thta's sad to see work being duplicated. You should have been notified others on the list. Nevertheless, I hope we will be able to join our work.
Well, I did it really quickly, so I know that there're some problems. I just wanted to check if it's possible.

> Like I wrote before, upstream is converging around use of CMake as *the* build system of WebKit, so it's not reasonable to resist. So I decided to go straight to CMake, despite some bias that I have against it.
Using CMake makes the whole job much easier. We don't need to convert CMake macros for auto-generated files. In other words, with CMake we don't need to do redundant work.

> I think it's premature to thank me for anything yet, I've done only a tiny bit of work for this moment.
I'll definitely help you as much as I can!

With regards,
Vitaly.