[webkit-qt] QtWebKit 5.3.0 performances and footprint

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu Jun 12 02:32:02 PDT 2014

On Wednesday 11 June 2014, Massimo Callegari wrote:
> 1) on an embedded platform, print support is useless to me. Unfortunately,
> it seems there is no "configure" way to disable it on Qt5, so the
> consequence is that QtWebKit includes the print support too. Is there any
> way to disable them both ? This could save me around 1MB !

It should be possible to disable printing in the main qt build which qtwebkit
then inherits.

> 2) QtWebKit's qmake process reports that both Webkit1 and Webkit2 are built
> into the final library. Are they both really required ? I've read on
> Allan's presentation made in November in San Franscisco that Webkit2 is
> related to QML development. I am keen to go that way, so I'd prefer to
> have a QtWebKit library with just the WebKit2 support. Is this possible ?

Yes. When building qtwebkit you can build with "qmake WEBKIT_CONFIG-
=build_webkit2", or you can add a similar line in
Tools/qmake/mkspecs/features/configure.prf.

> 3) If #2 is possible, is there any QML browser example that I can take a
> look at ? The QtWebKit examples package doesn't include any. The only QML
> examples are for Flickr and YouTube.

Not really. You can check the MiniBrowser in qtwebkit tools, but it is also
quite limited.

Regards
`Allan