[webkit-qt] <select> widget not updated after option selected from itemSelector

Zeno Albisser zeno at webkit.org
Fri Mar 22 02:18:13 PDT 2013

Hi Olivier,

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Olivier Tilloy <olivier at tilloy.net> wrote:

> I’m observing rather consistently (though not 100% of the times) that
> after selecting an option from a <select> element in a QML browser (that
> implements a custom itemSelector component), the widget is not updated when
> the selector is closed.

I just reproduced that on my Mac with MiniBrowser from trunk.

Only after I click somewhere else on the page is the widget updated with
> the new selected value.
>
> I’m observing this with the QML MiniBrowser built from trunk webkit,
> running against libqt5webkit5-qmlwebkitplugin version 5.0.0 (on Ubuntu
> 12.10), as well as with the browser built from lp:webbrowser-app.
>
> The following page can be used to demonstrate the problem:
> http://mdn.mozillademos.org/**en-US/docs/HTML/Element/**
> optgroup$samples/Example?**revision=344959<http://mdn.mozillademos.org/en-US/docs/HTML/Element/optgroup$samples/Example?revision=344959>

With the example you provided it only updates for me after i clicked the
url bar.
I could imagine it has something to do with refreshing the widget, which by
pressing the url bar triggers the update due to the blinking cursor.
But i did not look into it any further.

Is that a known issue? Can others confirm it? Should I file a bug report
> (and look into fixing it)?

A bug report or even a proposed fix is always very welcome! :)

- Zeno