[webkit-qt] Making QWebChannel Official?

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Mon Jan 21 03:09:09 PST 2013

Hey there,

we at KDAB would be interested in making QWebChannel [1] "official". What I
mean by that is merging its code into QtWebKit and publishing its
functionality via either

- a new libqmlwebkitchannelplugin.so or similar
- the existing libqmlwebkitexperimentalplugin.so
- the existing libqmlwebkitplugin.so

Noam said that he has no intention in maintaining this code anymore. But I
already did some cleanups [2] and want to fix some more bugs I encountered.
Once that it done, would there be any opposition against merging this code and
making it the official "this is how you connect HTML/WK2 and QML2/QObject"
solution?

Generally, do you think the approach taken by Noam is the "right" one?
Personally, I find it very elegant and would think that many use cases of the
old C++ API could be supported by the webchannel.

Cheers

[1]: https://gitorious.org/qt-labs/qwebchannel
[2]: https://qt.gitorious.org/~milianw/qt-labs/milianws-qwebchannel
--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090