[webkit-qt] QML2 WebView and viewport meta tag (on Desktop)

Lars Knudsen larsgk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 02:57:37 PST 2013

Hi,

I am having some trouble getting WebView to respect the viewport meta tag.

I am including a test project (qt5) that should show the problem.

In the index.html file, I have:

<!DOCTYPE html>

<head>

  <title>Demo App</title>

maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=no">

 #block {

     position: absolute;

     left: 256px;

     top: 256px;

     width: 512px;

     height: 512px;

     background-color: red;

 }

</head>

<h1>TEST</h1>

In the main.cpp, I have:

    QtQuick2ApplicationViewer viewer;

    viewer.setResizeMode(QQuickView::SizeRootObjectToView);

    viewer.setMainQmlFile(QStringLiteral("qml/SimpleWebAppRunner/main.qml"));

    // Select the app to load

    QQmlProperty property((QObject*)(viewer.rootObject()), "appToLoad");

    property.write("SimpleWebApp");

    viewer.showExpanded();

In the QML, I have:

import QtQuick 2.0

import QtWebKit 3.0

Rectangle {

    id: rootPanel

    width: 800

    height: 600

    property string appBaseUrl: "../../apps/"

    property string appToLoad:  ""

    WebView {

        id: webView

        anchors.fill: parent

        url: ""

        onUrlChanged: console.log("Loading " + url)

    }

    onAppToLoadChanged: {

        webView.url = appBaseUrl + appToLoad + "/index.html"

    }

}

The whole web view seems to resize fine when resizing the QML window - but
content does not scale like it should (like on a mobile device) -
basically, scaling/zooming it <window width>/<viewport witdth=1024px>.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? (maybe I am just blind from
looking at the code too long - and the answer is obvious.. please tell :)).

br
Lars