[webkit-qt] QtWebKit release bugs should now be reported at https://bugreports.qt-project.org

Jocelyn Turcotte jocelyn.turcotte at digia.com
Tue Feb 12 09:17:58 PST 2013

Hello QtWebKit,

in an effort to reduce the confusion and the hoops needed by users to report bugs for QtWebKit, issues should now simply be reported in the "WebKit" component(s) of the "Qt" project at https://bugreports.qt-project.org.

There is no need anymore to ask users to report bugs at http://bugs.webkit.org. The Qt bug tracker is quite open following Qt's open governance and Qt now aims for a shorter release cycles that reduces the motivation for QtWebKit to have it's own release cycle.

Test regressions, bugs that you intend to fix yourself or bugs that apply to all WebKit ports should continue being reported at http://bugs.webkit.org.
Also, may I note that the Qt bug tracker is a nicer tool to manage longer term suggestions or tasks for the project, which can easily get lost on our noisy WebKit bug tracker.

This shouldn't affect the readers of this list so much, but I thought that it is worth mentioning.

Cheers,
Jocelyn