[webkit-qt] QtWebKit 2.3.1 and Qt-4.8.4

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu Apr 18 03:09:39 PDT 2013

On Thursday 18 April 2013, Massimo Callegari wrote:
> Hi all and thanks for the hard work you're doing here !
>
> Probably my question has already been asked here, so excuse me in case. I
> did a research on the ML archives but found no answer :(
>
> Is it possible to compile QtWebKit 2.3.1 tagged yesterday into a Qt 4.8.4
> tree ? I don't mean externally (I know it's possible to do that), but
> copying a snapshot into Qt's src/3rdparty/webkit.

No, it is not straight forward to insert into the Qt 4.8 build system. It can
only be build externally at this point.

> I've seen the "include" directory has disappeared so I'm wondering if there
> are major incompatibilities or if Qt 5 is mandatory at this point.
>
> In case it is possible, are there major requirements for 2.3.1 that were
> not requested by 2.2.0 included in Qt 4.8.4 ?

The QtWebKit 2.3 series is only for Qt 4.8 and will not build with Qt5 (Qt5
already have a modern QtWebKit). As such there are not extra Qt requirements
than Qt 4.8(*), except QtWebKit 2.3 is more complicated to build, since it is
only build using the WebKit development build system.

(*) QtWebKit 2.3 can take advantage of some QtMobility libraries libxml2,
libxslt, libpng, libjpeg, and gstreamer if present.

Best regards
`Allan