[webkit-qt] QtWebKit 2.3.1 and Qt-4.8.4

Massimo Callegari massimocallegari at yahoo.it
Thu Apr 18 02:49:49 PDT 2013

Hi all and thanks for the hard work you're doing here !

Probably my question has already been asked here, so excuse me in case. I did a research on the ML archives but found no answer :(

Is it possible to compile QtWebKit 2.3.1 tagged yesterday into a Qt 4.8.4 tree ?
I don't mean externally (I know it's possible to do that), but copying a snapshot into Qt's src/3rdparty/webkit.

I've seen the "include" directory has disappeared so I'm wondering if there are major incompatibilities or if Qt 5 is mandatory at this point.

In case it is possible, are there major requirements for 2.3.1 that were not requested by 2.2.0 included in Qt 4.8.4 ?

Thank you in advance !

Best regards,

Massimo