[webkit-qt] QtWebKit QWebForm API extension

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Fri Oct 26 08:54:23 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com>wrote:

> On Friday 26 October 2012, Dawit A wrote:
> > Allan,
> >
> > Very nice and if I read the code correctly this should resolve the
> problem
> > listed in http://webkit.org/b/63603. However, it still does not seem to
> > deal with the issue of form completion. The ability to provide a list of
> > completion items when filling out forms is the last remaining issues
> that I
> > personally have with forms in QtWebKit. But perhaps that is out of the
> > scope of this particular solution ?
> >
> I thought it would provide everything you need to deal with
> form-completion.
> What are you missing?

I guess I was expecting an API that would have allowed me to simply provide
a list of completion items leaving the means by which those items are shown
to the user up to QtWebKit. However, I see why that would not be a wise
choice. I guess a client application can listen to the
QWebPage::contentsChanged signal and create a popup menu with the
completion items by relying on these newly added classes.