[webkit-qt] unity3d plugin in QML webview

Balazs Kelemen kbalazs at webkit.org
Thu May 17 10:26:48 PDT 2012

On 05/14/2012 05:06 PM, Jocelyn Turcotte wrote:
> Looking at this it seems like it is unlikely for unity to fix it:
> http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/10969/window-less-mode-in-web-player.html
>
> I don't think that this will change on the QtWebKit side as well. I don't recall why exactly, but I think windowed plugins weren't supported with QGraphicsView for some specific architectural reasons. I might be wrong though, in which case somebody would still need to step up and do it.

Windowed plugins with QGraphicsView are not explicitly unsupported,
there is no fallback in the code, we do try to load and play them.
However, there are some problems with them. You can find more info here:
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitPlugins.  It's a bit out-of-date but
for Qt 4 it does describe the current state more or less.