[webkit-qt] Proposal: Qt 4 removal from trunk, Qt 5 changes

Jocelyn Turcotte jocelyn.turcotte at nokia.com
Fri May 11 07:52:20 PDT 2012

On Fri, 11 May 2012 16:47:02 +0200
ext Andrea Diamantini <adjam7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok,
> let's say it will be easier for you to remove Qt4 bits. I can live with that.
> I will just stop merging back from master one commit before and then try to
> cherry-pick webcore fixes.
> Do you have an hypothetical data for this?

I think it would be nice to keep the possibility of rebasing/merging the branch on top of the state of trunk.
But I'm not sure if keeping the Qt4-specific code in trunk would help this anyway.

The only real benefit I see of keeping the Qt4 code in trunk is if somebody would prefer to contribute/testing something there instead of on a possibly out-dated branch. But if nobody regularly compiles this configuration on trunk, it will soon become broken enough to make it more comfortable on the branch anyway.

br,
Jocelyn