[webkit-qt] Proposal: Qt 4 removal from trunk, Qt 5 changes

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu May 10 00:55:47 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 09 May 2012, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After a few emails, let me formulate a concrete proposal:
>
>     (1) Andrea Diamantini maintains an up-to-date port of WebKit that runs
> with Qt 4, on gitorious.org.
>
>     (2) End of May we remove Qt 4 code paths from WebKit trunk.
>
>     (3) We replace the Qt 4 based bot on build.webkit.org with the Qt 5 one
> (hosted on Amazon, right?)

After some thought, I think we should maintain atleast one stable desktop
version of QtWebKit in trunk, and I believe Lars already officially stated
that Qt 5.0 will not be fully ready for the desktop, so I suggest we maintain
QtWebkit for Qt 4.8 until Qt 5.x is deemed ready for the desktop.

Since we only support Qt 4.8 for WebKit1 where not that much development is
happening, how much would we gain in dropping that support anyway?

`Allan