[webkit-qt] Qt 5 alpha release

henry.haverinen at nokia.com henry.haverinen at nokia.com
Mon Mar 19 06:48:36 PDT 2012

Hi all,

On 3/16/12 7:52 PM, "Quim Gil" <quim.gil at nokia.com> wrote:

>On 03/16/2012 05:34 AM, Haverinen Henry (Nokia-MP/Tampere) wrote:
>> If there are two parts, then they sholuld have separate names. For
>>example
>> Qt WebKit and Qt WebKit Widgets?
>
>Please resolve this dilemma with the release coordinators (Lars /
>Marius) urgently.

We talked with Simon and concluded that Qt WebKit in Qt 5.0 should be
conceptually split into "Qt WebKit" that would contain the new WebKit2
based functionality, and an add-on module called Qt WebKit Widgets that
would contain the WebKit1 based functionality from Qt 4, including the C++
and QML APIs. Simon asked me to created this JIRA task for this:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-24857.

Does this work for everyone?

The Qt WebKit module can become a part of Qt Essentials, but Qt WebKit
Widgets module cannot, because it depends on other add-on modules.

Cheers,
Henry